Who we are:
The Designer Poles Company Ltd T/A The Poles Company through our website www.thepolescompany.co.uk is an online retailer of curtain tracks, curtain poles and blinds We are committed to maintaining trust and confidence of visitors to our website and to ensuring that your privacy and data is protected.
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide us will be processed by us
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time by updating this page; you should check back occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Types of Information we collect from you or you provide us with
1. Personal Information – This information, name, address, telephone numbers, and email address is gathered from you either going through the checkout or filling in enquiry forms on the website. It may aso be provided by you to us by phone or email.
2. Financial information - when making purchases is not stored by The Poles Company but by one of our payment gateway providers (SagPay or PayPal) you decided to choose.
3. Data – Cookies & Google Analytics - Cookies are an essential part of the Internet. Without them, webpages would be a great deal less useful and interactive. Ecommerce would be impossible. They give websites the ability to remember and improve. When a user lands on an ecommerce website for the first time, the webpage makes a record of the activity on its remote server and it places a cookie in the user's browser files. The cookie is only a short line of text. It contains no information about the user or the user's machine. Instead, it typically contains the URL of the website that placed the cookie, a unique generated number and an expiration date for the cookie.
Most browsers allow control of Cookies – more information about how to control or delete Cookies can be found at https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/
When someone visits www.thepolescompany.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Analytics data will include information about your visit, browser information, time-zone, products searched and viewed, lengths of time on pages. (Internet Protocol) IP addresses are not stored, but are temporarily used to determine domain type and in some cases, geographic region.
What we do with your information
1. Personal – We share your name and address with third parties solely for the purpose of fulfilling your order. Those third parties are bound by the GDPR regulation not to share the information we provide them We do not pass on any information to any other party for any reason.
2. Financial Information – is stored with SagePay or PayPal whoever you chose for payment at the Checkout. No information is stored by, and therefore could not be used by, The Poles Company.
3. Data – Will be used to improve the website experience, monitor product sales performance and promotions. Where we use Google Adwords, data will be used to improve the effectiveness of search data.
Disclosure of Information
For the purpose of processing orders an fulfilling obligations to customers, names, addresses, phone numbers & email addresses will be used by employees of The Poles Company who will undergo rigourous training in line with the GDPR requirements for compliance.
Should there be a legal requirement to disclose your personal data to a third party not already referred to for reasons of fraud prevention, or credit risk reduction, The Poles Company would have a legal duty to comply
Storage of personal data – All personal information is stored on secure servers.
Access to your personal information
Under GDPR, the customers have the right to access and amend any of their personal data that is held by The Poles Company.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to email@example.com with Personal Data in the subject line.
The Designer Poles Company Ltd., T/A The Poles Company, Unit 6 High Wycombe Business Park, Genoa Way, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1NY
(Company No. 7037141).
Tel: 01503 232737